Thursday, July 10, 2008

Don't Blink...

(picture of Chris at less then a month)

Nothing too new or exciting our way. Our sitter is out of town this week, so Chris has been spending a little time with everyone :) On Monday, Uncle Brian and Ella came over and from what I hear...they all had a WONDERFUL time. On Tuesday, I hung out with Little Man. He had his 9 month check up (wow...I can't believe he is 9 months already!). Everyone tells you how quickly they grow up, but you don't really believe it until it happens.
Dr. said everything is good. He is right on target for all his fine motor skills. Chris is now 21lbs 6oz (what happened to my 7lbs 15oz newborn?!?!?!) and 29 inches tall. Believe it or not...this puts him in 50-75th percentile for weight and 75th for height. Yes, that means my baby is still on the tall side :) Also, a big highlight was that there is no fluid in his ears currently...which means no tubes for now! Yeah! As we were leaving a nurse stopped me to tell me how cute Chris was. About 4 other nurses crowded around us, to tell me how he was the perfect Little Man and that he was picture perfect.

I know this...but it is a really good feeling to hear that others see it too! Chris, loving the attention, smiled and talked and laughed it up with the nurses (I think he may have spent too much time with Uncle Brian on Monday ; ).
Yesterday he spent the day with Claire. They obviously had a great time because when I came home, Chris did not care at all that I was there. He smiled at me and went on playing. Then, when he finally paid me some attention...he kept looking back to make sure Claire was still there...lol! Today and tomorrow he is spending some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. Not sure who is enjoying it more :)

The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent. ~Sam Levenson

4 comments:

Mandi @ Life Your Way said...

Hey Jennie, thank so much for your sweet comment on my blog! That is one cute boy you have there. My youngest is just about to turn 10 months old... I'm just sayin'. :P

I love the quotes you add to your posts!

Brian K said...

Always be friendly with nurses. They could be prodding you in unfriendly places one day!

Uncle Brian

Anonymous said...

What can I say? We have fun together. :)

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom said...

What a doll!!! My littlest man will be 6 months on Friday. Thanks for entering my giveaway and for the link!

Tara @ Deal Seeking Mom