Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Grinch...


Today I think I officially became the Grinch. From the time I woke up today, all I talked about was taking down the tree and getting all the Christmas stuff put away. Although I love the holiday season, when it is over...I am over it!

I want it to be warm so we can go play outside. I want to turn the heat off and open some windows...I need fresh air! I don't want to bundle up everytime we go outside. But most of all...I want us all to get over these colds we keep passing around!

Now that Christmas is over, I am looking forward to spring. Problem is...the winter has not even hit us full-force yet. Anyone who lives in Cincinnati, knows that winter isn't here until there is 6 feet of snow on the ground, all schools are cancelled and everyone has made a mad dash to the grocery store for everything on the shelves. This has not happened so far. I know, just like everyone else, we will not be out of the clear until probably April.

However, today someone played a cruel trick on us. Today, we broke a 20 year old record. Today...it was 70 degrees. Christmas was 2 days ago...and today...it was 70.

Tomorrow...it will be freezing again...and we will be stuck indoors...and my cold will probably be a little worse then yesterday.

How can I not be the Grinch????

If you treat a sick child like an adult and a sick adult like a child, everything usually works out pretty well" ~ Ruth Carlisle

No comments: