Friday, August 1, 2008

So Fresh and So Clean...

Since Chris got teeth sooooo early (a little less then 3 months old), I decided brushing them was probably very important to start as young as we could.
When he was a little baby, we used one of these:




Which worked out nicely, until 2 teeth became...4...then 6...and now 10. As soon as we would stick our finger with the brush in his mouth, his jaw clenched and you would just have to pray that when he decided to release, your finger tip was still attached!
About 2 months ago, I found a toothbrush just his size, that seemed a much better idea! From the second we started using this...Chris picked right up on the idea. He would open his mouth and let me or Danny clean his teeth.
Last week though, Chris decided that at almost 10 months, he was way to grown to let us brush his teeth. He grabbed the brush from me and I watched as I thought he was going to shove it down his throat and gag. However, as soon as he stuck it in his mouth, he started moving it all around trying to bush his pearly whites :) With a little assist from me...he got the job done!




“The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” ~ Denis Waitley

No comments: