Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wind Storm

What a crazy week last week was! By now, hopefully everyone has their power back on...and has never been so thankful for it! It was not a good feeling to look outside Sunday and see a tree cut the power lines, burst into and out of flames, then go through the van :(



More upsetting though, was to see a tree fall on my brand new fence!


However, luckily we have a wonderful family and we were able to stay with relatives until power was restored. By this time next week I should have the van back...and eventually the fence will get fixed. Also...we got to spend some time with family...and as a bonus...a little time with Alice!


On top of everything, I have probably processed about 1,000,000,000 emergency food stamp replacement applications...so much so that I think I am processing them in my sleep even!
At the end of the week though, when we were back and home and settled in, I was sure to say extra prayers for the people who lost their homes, or even worse, a friend or family member...and to thank God for blessing us with all we have!

"If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul."

No comments: